Wednesday 31 August 2016

Marmite Cheese on Toast

Yes. Yes, I am giving a recipe for cheese on toast, though cheese on toast might seem like a pretty self-explanatory dish, I feel incredibly passionate about this variation, though this might just be the easiest recipe I have ever shared.


I have written here before about my passion for marmite, I adore salty foods much to the chagrin of my father, and I even own a book of recipes, all of which use marmite, I have also previously shared a recipe for marmite macaroni which I urge you to try if you are as passionate for this viscous salty elixir.

The inspiration for this recipe is twofold, firstly it's a variation on a favorite snack of my friend Morgans, and secondly it takes me back to my childhood when my favorite dinner was a baked potato split in half and spread thickly with a coronary-inducing amount of marmite wth a melting slice of red Leicester on top.

Start by toasting your bread, then spread it with butter and then marmite, cover with melted cheese and place under a hot grill for five minutes, until the cheese has melted and started to brown, remove from the grill and devour.

ingredients

bread
butter
marmite
grated cheddar

No comments:

Post a Comment